Wednesday 12 January 2011

i'm not good with confrontation, so i'll put this into words
even though in my mind they seem so well rehearsed
i let you in to dig a great big hole in my chest
and all this while i have given nothing but my best
side of me as i expected the same from you
but so it seems that i'm the one confused
and made this more in my twisted little mind
then it was as i left my heart behind
in your hands as you shaped it as you pleased
and forgot about it when you began some other tease
so now i sit, hurt, sad and alone
as i try to make a new heart of my own
i use the shards, the shattered bits that remain
and try to piece this broken mess back together again
but before i do, i leave myself a little mark
to remind myself never to trust someone with my own heart
rather let it rest, safe in my own chest
never to leave, never to bleed, left broken in a mess

No comments:

Post a Comment